Western Union Team Leader, Operations Support in Washington, District Of Columbia
Job Title: Team Leader, Operations Support
Requisition #: 1800993
The Opportunity: Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking a Team Lead, Operations Support , at our Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS) office in Washington, D.C. In this role willmanage workflow and delivery of the day-to-day team operations ensuring achievement of Key Performance Indicators and high-quality service of WUBS daily customer transactions.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
· Ensure Client Support team members are fully trained and compliant with policies and procedures.
· Advise and coach Client Support team members on any new policies and procedures as they relate to day-to-day processing.
· Track and report on daily/monthly transaction activity, effectively communicate team results with Manager.
· Ensure the distribution of day-to-day work/tasks are properly handled and completed according to NA Operations Service Level commitments and regulations.
· Handle the escalation of Client Accounts and Client Support related issues.
· Handle escalated customer service issues as they arise.
· Investigate system process failures related to Client Support.
· Provide action plans/solutions to address system process gaps in Client Support.
· Provide research/root causes and recommendations to address customer satisfactions.
· Provide support in management of personnel staffing and development, including performance reviews.
· Monitor and implement proficiency changes and identify and communicate areas for process improvement in Client Support.
· Collect data on monthly performance reporting/activities/trends/investigations.
· Support department strategy and employee learning.
· Foster a culture of open information sharing and increased accountability.
· Maintain open and ongoing communication with team members.
What you will need to succeed:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Economics- preferred
· 2-3 years related work experience within a supervisory/leadership role
· 2-3 years’ work experience within the financial services industry
What will make you stand out:
· Strong customer service experience
· Strong attention to detail
· Problem solver
What’s in it for you?
·Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
·Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
·The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
·Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including applicants with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.