Freddie Mac Program Mgmt, Dir in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
The Enterprise Technology Project Management team has an exciting opportunity for a Program Management, Director. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible projects in our Technology portfolios; leading the delivery of scope, schedule, and budget as well as analyzing, designing, developing, and managing the implementation of business offerings across a portfolio of diverse IT systems. The successful candidate will have a background in both business and IT and will have an extensive understanding of the software development industry. We’re looking for a responsible, articulate, and motivated Program Director who is a self-starter, can quickly identify vulnerabilities and obstacles, and then create innovative solutions to any problems. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to message to appropriate levels of Senior Management in a concise succinct manner that is fit for audience. The successful candidate will be leading Infrastructure/Technology projects in agile/iterative method. The successful candidate will be responsible for building, leading and mentoring a team of Project Managers/Scrum Masters of 4-6.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Work collaboratively with customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead, and at times, participate in cooperative efforts with project/program team members representing multiple diverse functional groups and divisions.
• Accountable for project initiation and planning, and for overseeing development, testing, implementation, and closeout
• Champion and build relationships internally and externally to achieve business goals
• Participate in Requirements and Design discussions with project stakeholders.
• Validating financial forecasts and providing on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenses
• Developing communication plans and effectively communicating in both verbal (e.g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form
• Developing the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related project management artifacts
• Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
• Obtain feedback to assure that project efforts meet customer expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives
• Accurately assessing, managing, and reporting dependencies, risks, and issues
Work Location Zip Code:
• Typically has 12+ years related experience and 4+ years of management experience
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Project Management/Change Management experience especially involving changes to business applications and technology;
• Extensive experience managing various project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid Mode
• Extensive expensive in various agile framework required (SAFe, LeSS, Spotify….)
• Effective stakeholder management
• Effectively manage assigned efforts using standard project management tools (PlanView, Microsoft Server..) and agile project management tools (Version One, JIRA, TFS…), including project work plans, issue logs, status reporting and the facilitation and documentation of effective meetings;
• Experience in transformation from waterfall to agile
Work Location City:
Program Management Director
• Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations / materials to various types of audiences.
• Primary/secondary mortgage market and/or finance experience;
• Ability to support multiple concurrent efforts/projects in various capacities (lead one effort while supporting others);
• Ability to work independently while driving and managing assignments from concept through deployment/launch.
• PMP, CSM and Agile certification
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)