Inova Health Systems MED REC CODING AUDITOR LEAD IP in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
We are seeking a full-time Medical Records coding Lead Inpatient Auditor to support the Central Coding and Auditing Compliance Department with the Inova Health System.
The job duties for this position include:
- Assists Director in coordinating the daily operations of coding data quality management for acute hospital inpatient services.
- Timely completion of work in line with revenue cycle management goals
- Manages all audit work related to inpatient external coding audits as well as external audit challenges from federal government and managed care DRG payors.
- Coordinates or takes direct responsibility for education of coding staff and Clinical Documentation Specialists related to finding of internal and external coding audits as well as regulatory updates.
- Assists Director in staff development and select HR functions.
EXPERIENCE At least 7 years coding experience and at least 5 years audit experience for acute hospital inpatient services
EDUCATION Education for coding, coding audit.
CERTIFICATION CCS and ICD10 certified
SPECIAL SKILLS Ability to lead coding auditor team inclusive of auditing charts (first and second level reviews as needed). Computer literacy to include use of MS-Office. Strong oral and written communication skills to include preparation of audit reports, appeal letters, coding education presentations.
Work Site Address: 2990 TELESTAR COURT
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA