Leidos Web UI Developer in BETHESDA, Maryland
The Civil Health Operation is currently seeking an opening for a Web UI Developer in Bethesda, MD.
As a member of our software development team, the individual will provide graphic and web design expertise for websites, and will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and implementing new web page designs in a primarily Drupal, PHP and WordPress environment using open source technologies to include, but not limited to, Drupal, PHP5, Bootstrap, CSS3, jQuery, and MySQL.
Responsibilities will include:
Support web design projects from concept through launch, incorporating the appropriate branding, and maintaining established standards and best web practices
- Strong graphics design experience - able to create effective flyers, slides, flowcharts, logos etc.
• Develop innovative, highly usable interfaces; implement effective, graphical, and functional designs
• Recommend UI/UX approaches based on a strong understanding of W3C and usability, Section 508 standards and best practices, and reflect them in design as appropriate
• Analysis, development, deployment of client websites using standardized processes and development guidelines
• Deployment of open source solutions, e.g. Drupal, WordPress
• Strong ability to solve problems and troubleshoot LAMP-based web applications and code
• Research and learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
• Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development
• Work with clients and team members to determine creative design options that best meet the project requirements and communications goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and 5 years prior relevant experience.
MUST have UI/UX design experience as well as strong graphics design experience - able to create effective flyers, slides, flowcharts, logos etc
Excellent communications skills are a must, as the candidate will interface with academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel daily. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment. This position presents ample opportunity for professional development and growth for the right candidate. The preferred applicant will have experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.